TogTools is one of the best resources on the planet for successful photography business tips. If you haven’t checked them out yet, you really need to do yourself a favor and head over there now.
Because there is a WEALTH of knowledge free for the taking. If you are a professional photographer (or aspiring to be one) you will learn so much from the podcast where they have interviewed every A-Lister you can think of.
Which is strange, because they asked me to be on the podcast of all people! 🙂
I had the privilege of being interviewed by Stephen & Jess about the business of photography.
It was a blast and I hope we get to do it again.
We talked about:
- all things regarding successful photography business tips
- what to expect when you outsource your photo editing
- and of course some great books and business concepts from our favorite authors
I hope you’ll enjoy and give it a listen!
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/175996080″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
- How did you get the title “Photographer Therapist?” [1:16]
- How do you make the transition from photographer into photo post processing. [2:46]
- Studying other business people like Richard Branson. [4:56]
- On the subject of business and what holds photographers back. [8:45]
- Overcoming your fears and obstacles when starting your business. [11:30]
- A real world example: Creating a post production service. [16:12]
- After several startups, what would you say is your biggest pain point now? [18:27]
- Diving into Leon’s business model. [20:22]
- The First Year Photographer and teaching others. [27:47]
- Leon’s thoughts on wedding photo editing. [34:15]
- Changes in your customers. [36:30]
- As a new photographer: “How do I compete?” What’s your answer? [38:37]
- Real challenge: photographers aren’t paying themselves while they’re doing Lightroom post processing. [41:20]
- Contacting Leon and final thoughts. [50:12]
Linchpin by Seth Godin [9:38]
The Flinch by Julien Smith [10:32]
The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
More about The First Year Photographer
The Speed of Trust by Stephen Covey